Vets To Go is growing our Paws To Rest Team and we’re looking for an Aftercare Coordinator to join us.
In this role, you will be on the road a lot and will need to be a great driver with a clean driver abstract. You will start each day at our Calgary Private Surgery and Wellness Centre but will spend time in clients homes. You will be instrumental in providing aftercare to our clients who have had to say goodbye to a furry family member.
- Providing support and service to our team for in-home euthanasia and follow up;
- Providing aftercare for the animal at our facility including prepping for cremations, taking clay and ink paw prints;
- Communicating with our cremation provider about paws prints and aftercare for the animals;
- Educating clients on options available to them with respect to cremation, memorials, etc.;
- Administrative responsibility with client files and documents, history, and records;
- Billing procedures and coordination of invoices, receipts and follow up documentation;
- Maintain our client and patient database accurately and consistently and;
- Do whatever it takes to ensure that clients are supported during a difficult and emotional time and that patients are treated with dignity and respect.
In this Full-Time Position, You MUST be able to work evenings and weekends!
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communications;
- You must have a valid Alberta driver’s license and a clean driving abstract – no exceptions!
- Able to work independently, remain on schedule and on time, and to properly manage your time and priorities throughout the day;
- High level of compassion for pets and their owners, with the ability to remain emotionally calm and supportive at difficult times;
- Solid knowledge of computers including email, the internet, cloud-based software programs, etc.;
- Previous experience in a vet clinic; preferably as a Tech Assistant;
- Must be flexible – ready and willing to assist with a wide variety of projects, tasks, and requirements.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a very competitive and attractive total compensation package, and you also are eligible for the various added fringe benefits and extras we offer.
Compensation is based on experience, skills, flexibility and ability to self-manage. You’re rewarded for achieving high client satisfaction levels and efficiency as part of the team.
Now It’s Your Turn…
If this position sounds like you, please send your resume and salary expectations to us via email. Please include why you’d love to be part of the Vets To Go family and what your salary expectations are. We want to thank everyone who applies for the position with us, but please note that due to the number of applications we receive, we will be unable to personally respond to each one.